Nadar Mahajana Sangam S. Vellaichamy Nadar College, a first
grade college, affiliated to the Madurai Kamaraj University, is situated at
the foot of the historic Nagamalai Hills on the Madurai - Theni trunk road,
spreading over 44 acres of picturesque landscape. The College was
started in 1965 by the “Nadar Mahajana Sangam, Madurai” with
the encouragement of the generous donations received from
philanthropic members of the Sangam. Kodaivallal, Kalvithanthai
Thiru. S. Vellaichamy Nadar of Virudhunagar has contributed largely for
the creation of this institution by his enthusiastic assistance in all ways.
In order to perpetuate his pleasant memory, this College has been
named after him.
The College was inaugurated on 20th July 1965 by our beloved National leader ‘Bharat Ratna’ K. Kamaraj. Today this co-educational citadel of learning has developed into a postgraduate and research institution imparting quality education with the main emphasis on conduct and character development.
Eventhough it is run by the Nadar Mahajana Sangam, the institution caters to the needs of all, without any discrimination of caste, creed or religion.
The College has planned its work so as to have a wellintegrated scheme of instruction, tutorial help and personal guidance coupled with healthy life and community activities to suit individual needs. The objective is to inculcate the habits of punctuality and the sense of responsibility among students so that they become worthy citizens of India.
To become a Premier Institution of Higher Education and to
serve the community and the nation.
To provide need-based quality education, enhance the skills,
competitiveness and employability of students, shape their character
and make them responsible citizens of India.
Our Institution aspires for global recognition through systematic and
meticulous transformation of our students into highly motivated graduates enriched with
professional competence, managerial skills, built - in dynamism and humanism.
We aim at continuous pursuit for excellence through short term goals and
long term goals.
Short Term Goals :
1. To produce cent percent result with all first class out of which at least 25 percent will be with distinction.
2. To arrange for placement of atleast 50 percent of the students through campus interview.
3. To introduce job oriented - socially relevant PG Programmes in the next two years.
4. To start R & D Department which will undertake atleast 20 projects from various Government and Non-Governmental organizations within the span of next three years.
5. To enter into collaboration with foreign universities for mutual information and exchange of knowledge.
6. To attain the status of ‘College with Potential for Excellence’.
Long Term Goals :
1. To become a center of excellence in education and attain global recongnition in another ten years.
2. To become one of the best 10 Colleges in the country within next ten years.